Monday, April 16, 2012

Welcome

Hello everyone! First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to even stop by. I never really thought that I would ever want a blog necessarily, but I think this is good for me for many reasons. It will help to get feelings out whether they be happy, sad, angry, or anything in between. This is the story of our butterfly prince. Why a butterfly prince? Because Gunner was born with a rare genetic skin condition called Epidermolysis Bullosa or EB for short. EB children are often called "butterfly children" because their skin is as fragile as a butterflies wing., and we just always call Gunner our little prince. :) I hope that this blog raises awareness with every view it gets. That is my main goal. I pray that everyone that reads my posts and updates about Gunner now has ACCURATE information about what is going on, but if something is heard about him that may seem fishy, you can always refer to this page and get the right information. I have learned so much about myself in these past four months since Gunner has arrived. I have learned to forgive, forget, be my own person, make my own decisions and not let anyone influence me, I have learned physical and mental strength, and I know now that it is okay to have a cry every now and then. Gunner is my whole world and anyone that truly knows me knows that is a fact.


Now for an actual update on Gunner <3
Today was Gunner's four month appointment. He got his shots and they told us that we could possibly start him on cereal, but we are unsure of how and if he will be able to eat solids because of his tongue fusion. He has been very irritable and just uncomfortable today. He is fighting his bottles every single feeding. We think that he may have an esophageal blister. He had one last week and it took what seemed like forever to heal up. We think that another may have developed today from the really bad screaming he did from his shots. Cody and I literally had to hold him down and give him his formula with a 10 ml syringe. He is so wore out today. He is laying in Cody's arms right now kind of taking his bottle. I just hope my little man can sleep good tonight. We love him so very much and cant stand that feeding time is becoming just another uncomfortable thing for him to do every day.

I just want to thank everyone that loves us and supports us in every way for all of your concern today. Hopefully this blog will clear up the issues. We love you all!

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your first post. Already I have learned so much from you. I hope his esophagus heals soon. I will be back to read more as you post. I know we don't know each other well, but you have my support!

    God bless,
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Emily,
    I am writing you from Spain and for sure I´ll continue to read your blog and see how your cute son Gunner is doing. Wishing you the best!
    You have my support from overseas!
    Love

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 lots of love! im glad you started a blog!!! i hope gunner feels better soon! he is such a cutie pie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful boy there, and we all wish him lots of love and wellness!! Know that Gunner has an army of EB Supporters behind him and your family!!

    ReplyDelete